If you have had the opportunity to review our What We’ve Done and What We Will Do pages, you may have seen an event or project in which you would like to participate. Some of our major tasks involve fundraisers, organized by teams made up of your friends, neighbors and caring community members. We know teamwork is the key to successful and less stressful events. Come play with us… it’s both fun and rewarding!
If you have skills, such as graphic arts, gardening, merchandising, carpentry, marketing, or other areas of expertise you are willing to share, please get in touch.
Here are some suggestions for you to consider:
- Join the Friends.
- Join our Grant Writing Work Group.
- Volunteer at one our fun-filled fundraisers throughout the year…(1) Book & Bake Sale in February, (2) Month-Long Silent Auction in May, (3) “Just Desserts” Dessert Auction in June, (4) Party in the Park in July, and (5) Community Holiday Bazaar.
- Share your knowledge of the Spanish language and join our ESL (English as a Second Language) program.
- Join our Website Work Group.
- Make a fabulous hors d’oeuvre for our Dessert Auction appetizer buffet in June.
- Donate books for our annual book sale (drop books off at the library between January 2 and February 14)
- Work as a trained volunteer at the library.
Come to a Friends’ meeting, meet a dynamic group of folks, and find out what else you can do. We meet the third Tuesday of each month in the upstairs meeting space at the library, 9:00 a.m. It’s an easy way to meet people… fully half of our ever-growing group of active members moved to Gold Beach within the last five years.
There are many opportunities to help our library, and you may know of more. If you do, please share those with us, as we would love to hear from you.