March 15, 2016
9:04 - 10:31 a.m.
Minutes by Pat Renner, Secretary
Sandy Grummon, Nancy Sue Rose, Patrick Henry, Maureen Boyle, Jim Boyle, Linda Stokes, Barbara Johnson, Bryan Moe, Becky Schafer, Pam Light, Paul Renner, Renee Kolen, Judi Collins, Jeremy Skinner, Bryan Grummon, Carl King, Nancy Rogers, Mary Uhlir, Maureen Scannell, Ali Van Otterloo, Trish Guzman Leach, George Converse, Donna Converse, and Pat Renner.
Paul Renner moved that the minutes be approved as read and Collins seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.
The library director's
- Jeremy reported that grant applications have been submitted to both the Oregon Community Foundation and the Ford Family Foundation. The site visit by OCF on March 4 went extremely well. In April, a grant application will be submitted to Meyer Memorial Trust.
- Curry Public Library Foundation of Gold Beach: Members have been selected and appointed to the foundation board: Carl King, Bryan Grummon, Gina Jorgensen, Corinne McGuinness, John Rush, Andy Wright, and Phoebe Skinner.
- The Library staff has been working on increasing/improving the library’s social media profile. One interesting link on the library’s Facebook page lets a reader enter a favorite author’s name, and a web of similar authors is recommended.
- The merger of the card catalogs and courier service of the five special district libraries in Curry County with the Coos County Libraries is projected to go live in March of 2017.
- Thursday, March 16, the Curry Watershed and lots of Riley Creek students will plant 100 trees in the wetlands below the library.
See emailed form; note Book & Bake Sales totals
April 19, 2016, 9 a.m. at the library