January 19, 2016
Minutes by Pat Renner, Secretary
Sandy Grummon, Pat Renner, Jan Short, Sandy Mathers, Carl King, Anne Morgan, Paul Renner, Jeremy Skinner, Janet Janowicz, Mary Uhlir, Bryan Grummon, Bryan Moe, Judi Collins, Ali Van Otterloo, Nancy Rogers, Linda Stokes, Donna and George Converse, and Karen Helgesen with Jaxon.
George Converse moved that the minutes be approved as read; the motion was seconded by Morgan and passed unanimously.
The library director's
- Thank you Martha Jain Stewart for the stunning Christmas decorations.
- The Trust Management Grant for the Early Learning Program has been received.
- The HHLLC Working Group has applied for an Oregon Communities Foundation grant of $40k.
- Carl King has given a gift of $4k plus for summer STEM program aimed at 4th-5 th graders. Funds will purchase Legos robotics kits, which will be re-useable.
- A Seed Library box from Adaptive Seed Co. has been received by library staff member, Rusty White, who is coordinating program with Master Gardeners.
- Jeremy and the Curry County Library Assoc. are working on obtaining dedicated 1 gig fiber optic links for all the libraries in Curry County. Faster data transfer speeds will be necessary when the libraries in Curry County combine their card catalogs and courier services with Coos County libraries in 2017.
- The Curry Public Library Foundation of Gold Beach will have its first meeting in February.
The format will now be in a monthly format, not a meeting-to-meeting format. (see form below)
February 9, 2016, 9 a.m. at the Cannery Bldg. (10:30 - 1:00 will tear down book sale)
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/currylibrary/public_html/friendsofcurrypubliclibrary.org/wp-content/themes/virtue-child/templates/content-single.php on line 232